Child and Youth Protection
We strive to build trust and positive relationships in our community by:
- Acknowledging and repenting for the failures of the past
- Providing care and support
- Educating and training
- Responding appropriately to allegations
- Comply with the Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People.
- Reach out to victims and their families and demonstrate a sincere commitment to their spiritual and emotional well-being.
- Educate children about their rights to a safe environment and empower them to speak up.
- Train adults to recognize warning signs, to report suspicions of sexual abuse and foster safe environments for children.
- Report all allegations of sexual abuse to civil authorities.
- Investigate all allegations of sexual abuse of a minor against clerics, employees and volunteers of the diocese, providing findings to the Independent Review Board for recommendations to the Bishop.
Serving those harmed by clergy sexual abuse through actions of healing and justice.
Who We Are
Journey to Bethany will marshal the gifts of all the faithful in our Diocese in the journey to healing and restoration. We week to create a community of faithful persons dedicated to survivor needs. Grounded in Journey to Bethany’s purpose, our founding committee is made up of parishioners and clergy who are committed to ushering in a new era of hope and healing for our community.
Check out Journey to Bethany’s resources at: journeytobethany.org