Pastoral Care Committee
The Pastoral Care Committee (PCC) was established in 1997 as a result of the Task Force for the Diocesan Millennium Study. The purpose of the Committee is to address and coordinate the ministry of pastoral care to the sick and suffering in the parishes of the diocese.
“Pastoral Care provides support to meet spiritual, social and emotional needs of parishioners and those within the parish boundaries. Pastoral Care Coordinators work collaboratively with their pastors to responsibly care for parishioners.”–Cathy J. Weidmaier
Fr. Bryan Amthor
Fr. Evan Harkins
Deacon Mike Lewis
Deacon Michael McLean
Rev. Charles N. Rowe, Vicar General
Cathy J. Weidmaier, Chair
–Members of the Committee are volunteers. The Committee is responsible to the Bishop.
Key activities of the Committee include:
- Identify and encourage standards for pastoral care ministry.
- Develop and/or identify an educational program/periodic training for parish staff involved in pastoral care ministry.
- Plan for one Day of Reflection (November) for parish ministers and staff.
- Serve as a resource and support for parishes who are responsible for Catholic pastoral care ministry.
- Provide resources for various pastoral care needs-spiritual directors, counselors, and other essential elements.
Nov. 21, 2019: Day for Parish Staffs
9:30 am-2:30 pm, Thursday, Nov. 21 at St. James Catholic Church (309 S. Stewart Rd. Liberty, Mo.). Presenters: Fr. Ron Will, CPPS, & Kathy Keary. Submit names & $8/person (lunch included) to Cathy Weidmaier, St. Bernadette Catholic Church (9020 E 51st Terrace, Kansas City, Mo. 64133).