Ecumenical and Interreligious Commission
Welcome to the Ecumenical and Interreligious Commission page! The Commission exists to:
- affirm and promote ecumenical and interreligious efforts by individuals and institutions.
- provide vision and leadership to the local Catholic Church in its mission to dialogue with other Christians, Jews, Muslims and all people of good will.
- facilitate a visible unity among area religious communities that is rooted in prayer, dialogue, acts of service and friendship.
December 2: The Prayer Flag Project
For peace seekers of any religious faith or none, join us for a night of small group story sharing, learning about Tibetan prayer flags, and participating in a hands-on project creating a travelling string of personal commitments toward building a just, loving, and sustainable community. Presented by: Faith Always Wins, The Dialogue Institute, Greater Kansas City Interfaith Council, The Jewish Community Center, Rime Buddhist Center, Sisterhood of Salaam Shalom, and the Ecumenical Interreligious Commission.
7 pm, December 2 at the Jewish Community Campus Social Hall (5801 W 115th Street, Leawood, KS. $8/student, $12/adult; register at theJKC.org/FlagProject.
Video resources for parishes
- USCCB Ecumenical and Interreligious Affairs
- Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity
- Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue
- From Fortress of Certitude to Field Hospital: Interreligious dialogue in parish life—by Teresa R. Albright
An Interfaith Prayer for Thanksgiving Dinner (by Teresa R. Albright)
In your goodness you have given us life in abundance and filled the earth with plenty.
Bless those who go without today.
Bless those fleeing persecution,
and trying to make a better life for themselves;
Bless all who welcome the stranger;
Bless indigenous people around the world – past and present;
Bless all who protect sister water and sister Mother earth.
Bless the hands that feed us tonight.
Bless the farmers who grow,
the migrant workers who harvest,
and the factory workers who process our food.
And bless us, O Lord,
and these Thy gifts, which we are about to receive
from Thy bounty, through your Incarnate Word.