Ecumenical and Interreligious Commission
Welcome to the Ecumenical and Interreligious Commission page! The Commission exists to:
- affirm and promote ecumenical and interreligious efforts by individuals and institutions.
- provide vision and leadership to the local Catholic Church in its mission to dialogue with other Christians, Jews, Muslims and all people of good will.
- facilitate a visible unity among area religious communities that is rooted in prayer, dialogue, acts of service and friendship.
Video resources for parishes
- USCCB Ecumenical and Interreligious Affairs
- Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity
- Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue
- Diocesan Ecumenical and Interreligious Commission Facebook page
- From Fortress of Certitude to Field Hospital: Interreligious dialogue in parish life—by Teresa R. Albright
An Interfaith Prayer for Thanksgiving Dinner (by Teresa R. Albright)
In your goodness you have given us life in abundance and filled the earth with plenty.
Bless those who go without today.
Bless those fleeing persecution,
and trying to make a better life for themselves;
Bless all who welcome the stranger;
Bless indigenous people around the world – past and present;
Bless all who protect sister water and sister Mother earth.
Bless the hands that feed us tonight.
Bless the farmers who grow,
the migrant workers who harvest,
and the factory workers who process our food.
And bless us, O Lord,
and these Thy gifts, which we are about to receive
from Thy bounty, through your Incarnate Word.
Ecumenical & Interreligious Commission Email
Sign up for email updates from the Ecumenical & Interreligious Commission, and access the Ecumenical & Interreligious Calendar!