Welcome to the Office of Divine Worship!
The Office of Divine Worship for the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph assists the bishop in liturgical matters and serves as a resource for parishes and individuals for formation and training.
We are here to assist you in your liturgical needs; feel free to contact us!
- Liturgy of the Hours
- Latest Liturgical Updates–Subscribe to PaulTurner.org
- Federation of Diocesan Liturgical Commissions “singing at Mass” https://fdlc.org/covid
Updates from the Office of Divine Worship
+ Liturgy Planning: liturgy planning sheets for confirmation, Mass with the bishop, etc. are available by emailing Lorie Sage at firstname.lastname@example.org.
+ Diocesan Choir: The Kansas City-St. Joseph Diocesan Choir is a music ministry dedicated to the mission of fostering and encouraging full, conscious, and active participation in the liturgy in the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph. The Choir rehearses to prepare for special diocesan celebrations, such as Rite of Election, Adult Confirmation, Golden Wedding Anniversary and more. For more information or to sign up, contact Mario Pearson at email@example.com
+ Eucharistic Congress Save-the-Date: The 2nd Annual ‘In His Presence’ Eucharistic Congress will be held September 11th and 12th, 2020 at Our Lady of Guadalupe parish, in St. Joseph.
- Due to the current Covid-19 restrictions, the seating capacity at Our Lady of Guadalupe parish is 200. As of this posting on June 19, registration is now open to the first 200 people. If restrictions open up for more seating capacity before September 11 and 12th, updates will be added here, on the Office of Divine Worship’s website.
PARISH CHURCH TITULAR SOLEMNITIES
Masses celebrated in parish churches on their titular day include three scripture readings pertaining to the patron, as well as the Gloria and the Creed. Parishes may transfer the solemnity to a nearby Sunday in Ordinary Time.
PARISH CHURCH DEDICATION ANNIVERSARIES
Masses celebrated in parish churches on their dedication anniversary are solemnities that include three scripture readings from the Common of the Dedication of a Church, as well as the Gloria and the Creed, with the missal’s presidential prayers for the anniversary of the dedication of a church.
September 10: Reader Training
- 7-9 pm Thursday, September 10 at St. Mark’s Parish in Independence
Reader Training presented by Mary Pat Storms and Marilyn Schmidt. Please contact your parish before registering; $30 will be billed to each parish represented. Face Mask required; seating capacity 30 to maintain proper social distancing. Register Here
September 11-12: 2nd Annual “In His Real Presence” Eucharistic Congress
- 6:00 pm Friday, September 11, 2020- doors open
- 6:45 pm-9:00 pm Friday Family Night- free registration is required for seating capacity of 200/ seating capacity may increase if Covid 19 restrictions lessen
- Free Registration for Friday Night only- https://surveymonkey.com/r/FreeFriday11
- 8 am Saturday, September 12, 2020 Mass at Our Lady of Guadalupe in St. Joseph, Mo.
- 9 am-3 pm Conference
- Eucharistic Congress website
September 13: Bishop’s Recognition Mass
- 11 am Sunday, September 13, 2020 Mass at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, Kansas City
- Bishop Recognition Mass
- Honoree and guest reserve seating https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0C4BABA723A4FF2-september1
September 17: Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion Workshop
- 6-8:30 pm Thursday, September 17 at St. Mark’s Parish in Independence
Fr. Turner presenting. Please contact your parish before registering; $30 will be billed to each parish represented. Face Mask required; seating capacity 30 to maintain proper social distancing. Register Here
September 27: Golden Wedding Anniversary-CANCELLED
- 11 am Sunday, September 27, 2020 Mass at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, Kansas City
- PLEASE CONTINUE TO SUBMIT THE NAMES OF YOUR PARISH 50TH ANNIVERSARY COUPLES TO firstname.lastname@example.org ALONG WITH THEIR HOME MAILING ADDRESS TO RECEIVE THEIR GIFT.
October 10: Rosary and Outdoor Procession
- 10 am Saturday, October 10, 2020 International Rosary beginning at St. Patrick parish, Kansas City, Mo.
- Outdoor procession to Divine Mercy Park and 12 pm Mass at St. Patrick parish