Music Ministry Opportunities
Participate in the Diocesan Choir (Kansas City rehearsal location – The Cathedral)
Participate in the Diocesan Choir (St. Joseph Area rehearsal location – Our Lady of Guadalupe)
Liturgy Planning Resources
Click here for downloadable education resources (Church documents, copyright information etc.)
Music Leadership Team
The Kansas City-St. Joseph Diocesan Choir is a music ministry dedicated to the mission of fostering and encouraging full, conscious, and active participation in the liturgy in the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph. The Choir is composed of singers from all walks of life throughout the entire Diocese. Whether a parish choir member, cantor, choir director, music director, instrumentalist, teacher, nurse, or business person each member strives towards excellence in this unique ministry of the Church. At the same time, many remain active as cantor, choir member, choir director, or accompanist in their own parish. The goal is to have each parish that has an established choir and/or cantor program to join with the other diocesan choir members for ONE liturgy event each year or to send two to four singers to represent their community in the diocesan choir for some or all of the scheduled diocesan liturgies.
Reasons to join the Diocesan Choir
- Connect with the Cathedral as the mother church
- Meet your fellow musicians from other parishes
- Rehearse and sing under the baton of talented choir directors in our diocese
- Share your musical gifts adding beauty to the liturgy
- Live your baptismal call of service
The Choir rehearses to prepare for special diocesan celebrations. These include:
- Rite of Election
- Adult confirmation
- Golden wedding anniversary
- Corpus Christi procession when held on the Missouri side of the state line.
- Other events such as the Bishop’s awards may be added as well.
Rehearsals will take place in two locations – at IC Cathedral in downtown Kansas City and at Our Lady of Gaudalupe in St. Joseph MO. In the future we hope to expand rehearsals to more locations to give more singers an opportunity to participate.
Most importantly singers may sign up to participate in some or all of the music events. Follow the links below.
Parishes who can host rehearsals and music leaders who can facilitate regional rehearsals in prepration for these events should contact Dr. Pearson for information.
Choir Rehearsal Locations for Diocesan Events
- Scheduled Tuesday evening dates at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception Choir Loft 6:30pm-8:30pm.
- 416 West 12th St. Kansas City, MO 64105
- Scheduled Wednesday evening dates at Our Lady of Guadalupe in St. Joseph. 6:30pm-8:30pm
- 4503 Frederick Boulevard St. Joseph, MO 64506
For more information, call Dr. Mario Pearson, the diocesan music coordinator at (816) 842-0416 x119- or email (preferred) email@example.com