Planning for a Parish Liturgy with the Bishop
Liturgy planning sheets for confirmation, Mass with the bishop, etc. are available by emailing Lorie Sage at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Directive notes for Readers:
- The petitions of the universal prayer are usually read by the deacon, but they may be read by someone else if desirable.
- The person reading the petitions of the universal prayer (prayer of the faithful) should remain in place after the final petition until the bishop finishes the concluding prayer.
Directives for Sacristans:
- If possible, 7 candles should be provided when the Bishop presides.
- The bishop prefers to use a book stand for the missal on the altar. The bishop prefers to use a presider’s chalice with one host on a paten. He also prefers a chalice veil. However, a burse is not used.
- The bishop prefers to have bells rung as follows: during the consecration, once for the showing of the host and once for the showing of the chalice. Bells are not rung before the consecration nor when he receives communion.
- The bishop prefers that communion under both kinds be offered to all the faithful at this mass.