- This event has passed.
April 27: Annual Day of Prayer in Atonement and for the Healing of All Those Harmed by Sexual Abuse
As part of the Day of Prayer on April 27, the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph invites the faithful to pray at these virtual events:
- Bishop’s Invitation for the Day of Prayer | Invitación del Obispo (video)
- Virtual Mass with Bishop Johnston: 12:15 p.m. Mass live-streamed from the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception on Facebook | Worship Aid here
- Stations of the Cross in Atonement for Abuse and for the Healing of All: Stations video, written by Fr. Paul Turner | Worship Aid here
The Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph celebrates the fourth annual Day of Prayer as an opportunity for all to share in praying for victims and survivors of childhood sexual abuse, particularly those who have been abused by someone in the Catholic Church, and for their families, friends and our entire community. We pray for ongoing efforts in the healing and reconciliation of those who have suffered this betrayal of trust. We pray for continued success of the Church’s prevention efforts in making safer environments for our children and educating adults to support awareness of sexual abuse.
Other possible ways to honor the day on your own include:
- saying a prayer,
- lighting a candle in honor of a survivor,
- praying the Rosary, Chaplet of Divine Mercy, or Stations of the Cross in Atonement for Abuse and for the Healing of All, and
- discerning ways you can help survivors and prevent abuse.