Bishop Sullivan Ministry Scholarship Fund
The Bishop Sullivan Ministry Scholarship Fund assists in the ongoing education and formation of ministers in the Catholic Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph.
As a partner in ministry or a person seeking to prepare for ministry within the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph, you are eligible to apply for a grant from the Bishop Sullivan Scholarship Fund.
Grant monies are available for:
- Graduate degree programs in Theology, Pastoral Ministry or related fields
- Post-Graduate course work in ministry-related disciplines from an accredited institution
- Institutes related to a specific area of ministry
- Bishop Helmsing Institute students (three-year program)
- Infrequent diocesan training beyond the means of a parish or individual
- Awards will range from $200–$1,000 with the amount to be determined by the Scholarship committee.
We are looking for people who are:
- Involved in ministry at the parish or Catholic school
- Active in ministry leadership and development
- Dedicated to serving the Church Community
- Committed to ongoing formation and training for ministry
2016-17 Scholarship Committee
- Claude Sasso, Ph.D., Vice Chancellor Evangelization and Catechesis
- Diana Rose, St. Therese Little Flower, Kansas City, MO
- Diane Pickert, St. Gabriel, Kansas City, MO
- Gail Monaco, Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, Kansas City, MO
- Susan Duerr, St. John Francis Regis, Kansas City, MO,
- Scott Mc Kellar, Associate Director, Bishop Helmsing Institute
Monies will be sent directly to the sponsoring institution. Scholarships apply only to ministerial training and formation, excluding undergraduate studies. Individuals may receive one scholarship in any 12-month period.
For application forms, letter of recommendation format, letter of intent format contact Jerri Dowdy at (816) 756-1850, ext.244.